If you are an EU citizen you need just your passport to buy a property in Hungary. If you are not an EU citizen then for more informations contact with the Hungarian Embassy/Hungarian Immigration Office in your country or first contact me by e-mail please.
On my website the prices of the houses are for guidance only. The prices may vary due because of the axchange rate. For an up to date price please contact me.
Informations for buyers:
If you have made the decision to search and buy a house through me then here are the informations for you:
- First select the properties from my website please, OR let me know if you want me to recommend houses for sale from my website
- (If you can’t find the right house what you’re looking for on my site then fill in the form below please)
- Send the list of the selected properties and the arrival date to me by e-mail
- Then I will arrange the appointments for you with the sellers to see the houses
- When you arrived, We will go to view the properties. There I will translate and introduce the houses for you
- After we have seen all the properties and you have chosen which one would you like to buy, I will help you to make the best deal with the seller(s)
- After we agreed on the purchase price I will arrange the chosen lawyer and the purchase contract for you
- I will be there to translate/interprete at the lawyer and explain everything
- Before the signing of the purchase contract: you need to decide how you want to pay the purchase price. You can choose to pay the deposit and then the remaining part in more installments OR pay the whole purchase price out in one time by transferred or also cash is possible
- On the day of the signing: You need to pay at least 10% deposit in cash or by transferred
- After the whole purchase price is paid out/after the day of the handover:
- I will organize the utilities to have them on your name (water, electricity, gas + garbage)
- I will go to a bank with you to open a bank account for you
- I will go to the internet supplier company with you to have internet connection
- I will arrange insurance for your new property together with you
- I will help you to register you at the immigration office and get a Hungarian address card
For my work extra work (translation, organize utilities, etc.) I ask for a fee. About it you can read in the next part.
If you need a translated purchase contract then I can organize it for you (I have contact with a translation office in Kaposvár, and they charge 6000-9500 HUF/page. The price up to the language.)
On my website the prices of the houses are for guidance only. The prices may vary due because of the exchange rate. For an up to date price please contact me.
All the fees what needs to be paid by the BUYER:
- In Hungary the lawyers’ fee is 1% of the purchase price but at least 50.000 HUF / property (+ VAT if you need invoice). This fee has to be paid to the lawyer on the day when you sign the purchase contract.
- Next to the lawyer’s fee 6.600 HUF/property/land needs to be paid to the land registery office through the lawyer. It has to be paid to the lawyer on the day when you sign the purchase contract.
- The Adri Estate’s fee is 750 euro/300.000 Huf if I help you in the things which are translation, organize the utilities (gas, water, electric), register you at the garbage removal company, register you at the council, organize the internet/new contract for you, open a Hungarian bank account, organize house insurance for your new property and register you at the immigration office to get a Hungarian address card for you.
Please note that I can not take/do more tasks then these things.
- If you want a translated purchase contract, the translation office ask about 6.000-9.500 huf/page. The price up to the chosen language.
- After you have bought the property in Hungary you will receive a bill from the tax office within 1-6 months. It will be the 4% of the purchase price what needs to be paid or transferred to the tax office.
Supplement for buyers:
I can offer my work in that case if you have already found the house from a private person or from another agent/agency so not from my website but you choose me to organize everything for you like translation and double check to be sure about the value of the house and organize the lawyer and after the sale to organize utilities and other necessary things (gas, water, electric, garbage, internet, bank, council, insurance, immigration). In this case I ask 750 euro / 300.000 Huf fee.
If there is no interested property for you on my website and you haven’t yet found the house from others but you want me to be your buyer agent and visit the houses with you I can help you with that also. I ask 900 euro / 350.000 Huf fee. If you won’t buy anything at the end then I ask 50 euro/20.000 Huf/day for petrol cost and for my time.
Please note that I am living in Kaposvár and I am willing to drive and visit houses which are no further than 50 kms from Kaposvár.
In case if you buy a house from my list but you don’t want me to help you in anything then I don’t ask any fee but then it is your responsibility to organize the water, gas, electric, insurance and also the registration at the council and garbage removal company and if you need internet to be connected to the house.
Some usefull additional informations for sellers and buyers:
- The Adri Estate’s fee/commission needs to be paid in cash or transferred to my bank account or to the lawyer’s bank account until or on the day of signing the purchase contract. The fee/commission includes all of the things/tasks what were listed in "The steps to own your new Hungarian home" part.
- To send money abroad the best is to use TransferWise. Their fee is very good and the transferred money arrives much quicker. Their website is www.wise.com
- If you are an EU citizen you need just your passport to buy a property in Hungary.
If you are not an EU citizen then contact the Hungarian Embassy/Hungarian Immigration Office in your country or first contact me by e-mail please
- If you would like to get a Hungarian address card then you have to go to the immigration office. There they will ask you to fill up a form. You have to bring your passport or ID, the purchase contract of the property you bought, a bank statement about the last 3 month (if you are a couple then both of you!) and you need to show your health insurance card. + you have to pay 1.000 Huf / person as registration fee. You will directly get a card there and the address card will be sent by post to your address within 1-3weeks. You must be in Hungary at this time otherwise the card will be sent back to Budapest and they will destroy it and you must apply again.
- Please note, that there are agricultural properties (properties that are not in urban areas, like wine houses or properties which are located outside of a village) which are more complicated to buy. Not just for foreigners! EU citizens are allowed to buy agricultural properties since May 2014 but maximum 10.000 sqm/person. It is a longer process to buy, it takes 3 to 5 months.
If you want to buy an agricultural property: after the purchase contract is signed with deposit, the lawyer will send the contract to the local council to note that there is someone who wants to buy it. Then the local council will place this offer on the notice board in their office and if a local resident or farmer don’t want to buy it (preference is given to them according to the law) until it is placed on the notice board (for 60 days) then after the administration process (takes about 30 days) the lawyer will be informed and the property is yours. Of course at the same time you have to pay out the remaining purchase price. In case there is a local offer with the same amount then you get back your deposit money.
- Please note that if the property what you are going to buy is overloaded with mortgage then the first installment of the purchase price has to be at least as much as the price of the mortgage is AND it has to be transferred (in HUF!) to the lawyer’s deposit bank account. After the lawyer has received the amount he will transfer the amount of the mortgage to the bank and will ask the bank to send the proof of the deletion. When the deletion completed then the rest of the purchase price can be paid/transferred to the seller by you or the lawyer and the handover of the house can happen.
So you won’t buy a mortgaged loaded property as the Hungarian law says you only can buy a mortgage-free property.
- Tax -When you buy a property:
When you buy a property you need to pay 4% of the purchase price to the tax office. This is called illeték=duty. After you have signed the purchase contract and paid out the whole purchase price to the buyer, the tax office and the land registry office will be informed by the lawyer. Within 1-6months you will receive a letter with a yellow or white bill in it from the tax office and then you need to pay the 4% of the purchase price within 30 days. You can also transfer it to the bank account of the local tax office (if you have a Hungarian bank account) or pay the yellow/white bill at a post office.
Informations for SELLERS:
My commission is 3% of the purchase price, but at least 700 euro. I will only ask this commission when I sold your property.
- Tax - When you sell your property:
If you sell your property within 5 years then you have to pay PERSONAL INCOME TAX = személyi jövedelemadó. Only If you sell it for higher price than you have bought it then you need to pay personal income tax after the difference of the 2 amounts. (this decreases proportionally over the years)
If you sell it over 5years then you don’t have to pay personal income tax.
For buyers - After you signed the purchase contract:
- I will organize the utilities to have them on your name (water, electricity, gas + waste removal)
- I will help you to open a bank account in the bank which you have chosen
- I will help you to have the internet connected by the internet supplier company
- I will help with the insurance for the house
- I will register you at the local council
- Electricity (E-on is the supplier company-www.eon.hu): it is possible to pay it once in a month or once in a year. You will pay flat rate and they will come once in a year to check the meter(s) and see how much electricity you have used. You can pay by cheque at any post office or you can have automatic debit order at the your Hungarian bank.
- Gas (www.mvmnext.hu): it is possible to pay it once in a month or once in a year. You will pay flat rate and they will come once in a year to check the meter(s) and see how much gas you have used. You can pay by cheque at any post office or you can have automatic debit order at the your Hungarian bank.
- Water (water provider is different in the counties..can be DRV, Kavíz, Baranyavíz, Zalavíz, etc.): it is possible to pay it once in a month or once in every 2nd month. You can pay by cheque at any post office or you can have automatic debit order at the your Hungarian bank.
- Municipal tax/Council tax: This tax is about 10.000 HUF/year what you have to pay in March and/or in September. This tax has to be paid always by the person who was the owner on the 1st of January in the current year.
A bit of help to count the monthly bills for a normal ca. 100m2 house (for 2 person):
- electric 8.000 Huf/month
- water 5.000 Huf/month
- gas 18.000 Huf/month
- garbage removal 2.000 Huf/month
- internet 12.000 Huf/month
45.000 Huf/month which is about 110 euro/month.
Did you not find your dream house on my site?
Then fill out this form below and I will help you to find your house!