If you have made the decision to buy a house in Hungary:
- First select the properties from my website please OR let me know if you want me to recommend houses for sale from my website
- If you can’t find the house what you’re looking for on my site then fill the form out below and I will send you few more offer
- Send the list of the selected properties and the arrival date to me by e-mail
- Then I will arrange the appointments for you with the vendors to see the houses
- We will go to view the properties together
- After we had seen all of the properties and you have chosen which one would you like to buy, I will help to make the best deal
- After you agreed on the purchase price I will arrange the lawyer and the purchase contract for you
- I will be there to translate/interprete at the lawyer
- Before the signing of the purchase contract: you need to decide how you want to pay the purchase price. You can choose to pay the deposit and then the remaining part in more installments OR pay the whole purchase price out in one time by transfered.
- On the day of the signing: You need to pay at least 10% deposit in cash or by transferred
- After the whole purchase price is paid out/after the day of the handover:
- I will organize the utilities to have them on your name (water, electricity, gas)
- I will go to the waste removal company with you to get the new contract
- I will go to the tax office with you to get the Hungarian tax number
- I will go to a bank with you to open a bank account for you
- If you wish so I will go to the internet/tv supplier company with you to have cable internet/tv connection
- If you wish so I will arrange insurance for your new property
- If you wish so I will organize a translated contract for you (I have contact with a translation office and they charge 4.500 HUF/page)
Please note that maximum 8 properties can be showed and in maximum 2 days. Extra day is 20.000 HUF/day what has to be paid to me.
What does it mean exactly: If you want extra houses to view on extra day(s) then you need to pay the extra costs 20.000 HUF/day BUT if you buy one of the houses through me then this extra cost will be taken off from my comission at the end.
If you need help or my advice in accommodation and/or car rental then please contact me about it.
All the fees what needs to be paid by the buyer:
- The lawyer’s fee is 1% of the purchase price but at least 30.000 HUF + VAT (it has to be paid on the day when you sign the purchase contract)
- Next to the lawyer’s fee 6.600 HUF/property needs to be paid to the land registery office through the lawyer (it has to be paid on the day when you sign the purchase contract)
- The Adri Estate’s fee is 2.5% of the purchase price but at least 250.000 HUF
- After you have bought the property in Hungary you will receive a bill from the tax office within 2-6 months. It will be the 4% of the purchase price what needs to be paid or transferred to the tax office.
Some usefull additional informations:
- The Adri Estate’s commission needs to be paid in cash on the day of signing the purchase contract or transferred after the signing of the purchase contract within 30days. The comission of Adri Estate includes all of the things/taskes what were mentioned in "The steps to own your new Hungarian home" part.
- To send money abroad the best is to use TransferWise. Their fee is very good and the transferred money arrives much quicker.
- If you are an EU citizen you need just your passport to buy a property in Hungary.
If you are not an EU citizen then please contact the Hungarian Embassy/Hungarian Immigration Office in your country or first me by e-mail.
- Please note, that there are agricultural properties (properties that are not in urban areas) which are more complicated to buy. Not just for foreigners! EU citizens are allowed to buy outside properties since May 2014 and maximum 10.000sqm. But it has a longer process to buy, it takes 4 to 6months.
If you want to buy an outside land: after the purchase contract is signed the lawyer will send it to the local council to note that there is someone who want to buy it. Then the local council place this offer on the notice board and if a local resident or farmer don’t want to buy it (preference is given to them according to the law) till it is placed on the notice board (for 2 months) then the property is yours.
- Please note that if the property what you are going to buy is overloaded with mortgage then the first installment of the purchase price has to be at least as much as the price of the mortgage is AND it has to be transferred (in HUF!) to the lawyer’s deposit account. After the lawyer has received the amount he will transfer the price of the mortgage to the bank and will ask the bank to send the proof of the deletion.
- Tax -When you buy a property:
When you buy a property you need to pay 4% of the purchase price to the tax office. This is called illeték=duty. After you have signed the purchase contract and paid out the whole amount the tax office and the land registry office will be informed by the lawyer. Within 4-6months you will receive a letter with a yellow bill from the tax office (4% of the price!) what you need to pay within 30days. You can transfer it to the bank account of the local tax office or pay it at one of the post offices.
- Tax - When you sell your property:
If you sell your property within 5 years then you have to pay PERSONAL INCOME TAX = személyi jövedelemadó. If you sell it for higher price than you have bought it then you need to pay personal income tax after the difference of the 2 amounts. If you sell it over 5years then you don’t have to pay personal income tax.
On my website the prices of the houses are for guidance only. The prices may vary due because of the exchange rate. For an up to date price please contact me.
After you signed the contract:
I will organize the utilities to have them on your name
I will go to the council with you to register you there
I will go to the waste removal company with you to get the new contract
I will go to the tax office with you to get the Hungarian tax number
I will go to a bank with you to open a bank account for you
And if you need internet/tv connection AND also insurance for the house then I will help in that.
If you need help like in renovation...to organize gardener, etc. then please contact me for the details and prices.
- Electricity (E-on is the supplier company-www.eon.hu): it is possible to pay it once in a month or once in a year. You will pay flat rate and they will come once in a year to check the meter(s) and see how much electricity you have used. E-on has national IBAN bank account nr. and if you prefer you can transfer the money instead of pay by check or you can have debit order at the Hungarian bank.
- Gas (Főgáz is the supplier copmany-www.fogaz.hu): it is possible to pay it once in a month or once in a year. You will pay flat rate and they will come once in a year to check the meter(s) and see how much gas you have used. You can pay by check at any post office or you can have debit order at the Hungarian bank.
- Water (water provider is different in the counties..can be DRV, Kavíz, Zalavíz, etc.): it is possible to pay it once in a month or once in every 3 month.
- Municipal tax: This tax is about 20.000 HUF/year what you have to pay in March and in September. This tax has to be paid always by the person who was the owner on the 1st of January in the current year.
Did you not find your dream house on my site?
Then fill out this form below and I will help you to find your house!